FINDLEY ELEMENTARY SCIENCE FAIR
Wednesday, March 13th 2019, 6-8pm
The Findley Science Fair gives students the opportunity to use scientific or engineering methods to answer questions they develop from their own observations and to share what they learn with the school community. All Findley students, Grades K-5, are eligible to participate.
DUE DATE 1: Registration forms are due to the school office by FRIDAY, January 25th.
There are two project options for the fair: Science Experiment and Engineering Design. Registration forms are available in the office as well as here:
- Link to download Science Experiment Registration Form
- Link to download Engineering Design Registration Form
- Link to download Tips for Completing the Registration Form
- Link to download the Letter Form for the letter design contest
Take lots of photos to document your work and to include on your display! Display boards are on sale in the office beginning in January (while supplies last). Please send exact change with your child: $4 cash or a check payable to Findley PTO.
- Link to download Sample Displays
- Link to download Rules and Guidelines for Display
- Link to download Getting Started Packet
DUE DATE 2: PROJECT DROP-OFF in the Findley Cafe
- Evening option: TUESDAY MARCH 12th 6:30-8pm OR
- Morning option: WEDNESDAY MARCH 13th 7-8am
Each student will have a short interview on the night of the fair to review his or her project. At Drop-off, review timeslots can be chosen from one of the following: 6-6:20pm, 6:20-6:40pm, 6:40-7:00pm, 7:00-7:20pm or 7:20-7:50pm. Reviews will take place during the fair on March 13th, and all reviewed projects will receive one ribbon for each participant.
DUE DATE 3: ATTEND the fair
- WEDNESDAY, MARCH 13th, 6-8pm.
The fair includes around 400 projects as well as interactive science and engineering exhibits and the opportunity to be a student reviewer. All students are welcome to attend with their families, not just those presenting projects.
We need dozens of volunteers on March 12th and 13th! Look for announcements in the school newsletter, on Facebook, and in emails from Findley PTO.
For more information, please send an email to [email protected] .