Hi Findley Families,
See below for information on the contest. Scroll to the end for more science fair info AND links to a very cool video featuring music, zero gravity, and engineering design!
Letter Design Contest
Designs are Due Tuesday March 1st. Return completed designs to the box in the school office.
All Findley students can enter the design contest!
- A pdf file of all letters is attached to this email.
- Letters will be used to advertise the fair in the display case at the Findley front entrance.
- You may enter as many letters as you would like to design!
- Plan your design! Use your knowledge of the color wheel and other art concepts to create a design for your letter(s).
- Think about how the letter will look at a distance—bright colors and a dark outline are best.
- If you design two or more letters, please make one of them a C, I, or E, since we need 2 of each of these letters. Doing so will increase your chances of winning!
- Write your name , teacher and grade on the back of your letter design. If your letter is chosen for the display case, your name will appear on the Designers List.
Science Fair Information (and video):
- Display boards are still on sale in the office for $4. Pick one up during conferences.
- Volunteer requests for March 9-10 are coming soon! Look for an email early next week.
- Check out this music video filmed in zero gravity: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWGJA9i18Co
- Here is the link to ‘How We Did It’, explaining how they created the video. It’s a great conversation starter about engineering design in the creative arts! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnTqZ68fI7Q