Math Olympiad – Join the Findley Team!
4th and 5th grade students: Do you enjoy math and problem solving? Join the Findley Math Olympiad team!
Mathematical Olympiads for Elementary and Middle Schools (MOEMS), is a non-profit public foundation offering premier math contests for grades 4-6. Their goals include:
• To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
• To introduce important Mathematical concepts
• To teach major strategies for problem solving
• To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
• To strengthen Mathematical intuition
• To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
• To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges.
How to enroll
If your child loves mathematics and likes problem solving, please enroll him/her in math Olympiad by contacting findleymatholympiad by October 5th. Include your child’s name and grade. The Findley Math Olympiad team is only open to 4th and 5th grade students. A maximum of 35 students can join the team.
How to prepare
Sample problems & problem of the month can be found on the website, which parents can use to prepare the students (http://www.moems.org/sample_files/SampleE.pdf).
After registration, the team will get 50 problems from last two years. We encourage students to form groups of 4-5 and work on the problems together. Coaching won’t be provided by us […]