Welcome to the Findley PTO Website!
For 2015-2016 academic year updates check back with us in August!
As a parent of a Findley student, you are automatically a PTO member, and as such you are most cordially invited to attend monthly PTO meetings, usually held in the Findley Library.
For 2014-2015 school year the PTO meetings are scheduled for:
September, 16th (Tu) @ 7pm
October, 14th (Tu) @ 2pm
November, 18th (Tu) @ 7pm
January, 20th (Tu) @ 2pm
February, 17th (Tu) @ 7pm
March, 17th (Tu) @ 2pm
April, 21st (Tu) @ 7pm
May, 19th (Tu) @ 7pm
June, 9th (T) @ 2pm
Findley PTO runs numerous programs (see below), and most provide opportunities to volunteer! As you read this page, please be advised:
- Some phrases seem cryptic at first, so please refer to the Findley Lingo page for clarification of specific terms.
- For a description of roles supporting each program, please refer to Committee Position Job Descriptions
- To Contact the coordinator for each program or project, please refer to the Findley PTO Committees Positions 2014-2015
- HelpCounter is Findley’s volunteer tracking and communication tool. To get involved in any of the following programs, please create or update your profile in HelpCounter.
- In addition to all-school events listed below, teachers may also provide in-classroom volunteer opportunities. During the Back-To-School night teachers typically have sign-up sheets, where parents can indicate their availability for classroom volunteering.
Academic Programs we run and supplement:
- Art Literacy
- Passport Club– 2nd grade onwards
- Science Fair
- All School Read Aloud (One School One Book)
- Cultural Night
- Inquiry Based (PYP candidacy) learning materials
- Oregon Battle Of the Books
- 5th Grade: Biz Town and Outdoor school
Our Community Development events and projects make our school a fun place to be:
- Findley Fall Festival
- Findley Carnival
- Classroom Holiday Parties
- Findley Flyers Running Club
- Family Movie & Popcorn Nights
- Bingo Night
- Student Phone Directories
- 5th Grade Celebration
- BSD Clothes Closet
- Affiliated Girl Scout Troops
- Affiliated Cub Scout Pack
- Field Day
- Findley Beautification
For the first 2 weeks of school, we need volunteers helping our youngest students:
- Kindergarten and 1st grade lunchroom help
- Kindergarten AM bus riders
We supplement classroom, technology and infrastructure needs not covered by the school funds:
- Classroom material support
- Classroom Subscriptions (Time for Kids, National Geographic etc.)
- Teacher Development
- Educational Grant Support
- Technology & Technology Maintenance
- Recess and PE
- Staff Appreciation
- Workroom Support
- Custodial Support
During 2014-2015 school year, we plan to support the following new projects:
- Language Classroom Setup
- STEM Supply Chain Activity Lego Kit
- Lego Engineering
Less than 3% of the PTO budget is spent on PTO Administration expenses: taxes, insurance, bank fees, materials and supplies.
To support the programs outlined above, we run one primary donations-based fundraiser – Dragon Dash.
Additional community fundraising programs help cover our operating expenses.